BAPLA FOCUS 2017
BAPLA FOCUS moves to the Museum of London for the fifth in its series of sell-out conferences
Our annual conference continues to build in reputation and the range and quality of speakers. Last year over 95% of attendees rated the day as good or outstanding
This year we will cover topics including:
- Fake News: how do newsgatherers ensure the accuracy of their images?
- The Provenance of Images Online: exploring social media & blockchain technology
- Simplifying Rights: investigating the trend toward broad rights, blanket agreements and royalty-free
- Brexit & IP: looking at what Brexit means for users and owners of intellectual property
We will also hear about the “monkey selfie” copyright case, rights clearances and SmartFrame will discuss how they can help protect content, raise awareness to copyright & increase online presence.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Sonia Bouadma, Greenlight, expert in celebrity, trademark and property rights clearances.
- Olga Egorsheva, Co-founder and CEO of Lobster, an AI-powered platform which enables brands, agencies and the media to licence visual content directly from social media users and cloud archives.
- Masha McConaghy, Co-founder of BigchainDB, which offers creators the opportunity to register and track intellectual property with blockchain technology.
- Eddy Leviten, CEO of the Alliance for IP, which is working to ensure that IP rights are valued in the UK.
- Anna Skurczynska, Open Plan Law, Solicitor with extensive experience in handling issues arising in digital distribution of copyright works.
- David Slater, Wildlife Photographer behind the “monkey selfie”.
- Robert Sewell is an experienced entrepreneur who is passionate about taking new business ideas to market. He is currently the CEO of SmartFrame a patent-pending, secure, embeddable, trackable and interactive new image technology that looks to redefine the on-line image standard.
Panellists from the picture industry include: Giancarlo Zucotto Managing Director of Science Photo Library, Benji Lanyado Founder & CEO of startup image marketplace Picfair and Steve Jones, Social Media Editor of Press Association.
Sessions will be interspersed with generous lunch and break times to allow visitors to mingle, and the day ends with a popular drinks session.
Booking is now open at: bapla-focus-2017.eventbrite.co.uk.
Tuesday 26 September 2017
Registration & refreshments from 9:30 – 10:00.
The programme starts at 10:00.
The event will end at 17:30 after a drinks reception.